Saturday, April 20, 2013

Italian Food Week

So, I am in the cab right now, returning home from work. Actually, I took a detour from work and went to the mall near my office to spend a lot of money on a pair of new shoes and a lot of groceries. Luckily, the superstore in the mall had everything I needed and now I have decided to celebrate an Italian food week. Here's what all I bought:

- Focaccia bread- I bought this because I have been missing it since I last had it in an Italian restaurant in Vegas.
- Kalamata olives- These I just love as an accompaniment to wine, or to use in pizza or pasta.
- Teardrop tomatoes- They're so small and cute and round and juicy- it's hard not to love them!
- Fresh rosemary- So fragrant and flavorful and so versatile. It makes every dish better!
- Mini fusilli pasta- Well, I already have a recipe in mind that will make use of these.
- Balsamic vinegar- How can one have Italian Food Week without this!
- Sundried tomato pesto- And this!!
- Ricotta cheese- Well, I am trying to gain weight and I am a sucker for cheeses. Plus I'll use it in my pasta, too!

I am all set to have the perfect Italian Food Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment